Numerous natural gas pipelines have been installed in across Ohio and neighboring states with installation to continue over the next several years. These installations have collectively resulted in a large amount of soil disturbance in the state, but the lasting effects of this disturbance on crop productivity, if any, is largely unknown.
We conducted a multi-faceteted study to better understand the impacts of the Rover, Utopia and Nexus pipelines on soil properties and crop productivity. Some of this work is summarized here:
- A preliminary report from the 2020 field season can be found here.
- Theresa's Completed Master Thesis PDF
- And thesis page: http://rave.ohiolink.edu/etdc/view?acc_num=osu1650551091519984
- Survey Results of Ohio Landowner Experiences with Pipeline Installations
- Work in review for publication based on Theresa's thesis:
- Literature Review of Pipeline Impacts on Soil and Crop
- Assessment of Impacts of Rover, Utopia and Nexus Pipelines in Ohio